Tuesday 3 July 2007

The first lady of pop



Not many people really noticed, blinded as we all were by driving rain, but the theme of this year's Pride parade was "Icons".

I chose the gorgeous Debbie Harry as mine - and spent a week customising a T-shirt with the gorgeous diva's picture on it.



The lady herself was 62 years old this week, and still looks absolutely stunning. With a back catalogue that slappers like the Spice Girls can only dream of - think Atomic, Heart Of Glass, Denis, Sunday Girl, Call Me, Hanging on the Telephone, and the exquisite (my favourite) Picture This and many many more - our Debbie epitomises everything that a diva should be.

An inspiration to a generation of rebel girls, a wank fantasy for teenage (and older) boys, and a face to die for, Debbie's beautiful persona became the equivalent of Marilyn Monroe for the post-punk set. I salute a true icon of our times!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a message - I value your comments!

[NB Bear with me if there is a delay - thanks to spammers I might need to approve comments]