Wednesday 11 June 2008

Talkin’ ’bout Menergy

Madam Arcati has just found this faboo little gem of a megamix featuring our Great Earth Mother Divine:


Of course, revisiting this kind of music always sets me off on a Hi-NRG kick - and so here are few other gems from the heady gay music era of the 1980s. First up the brilliant Lime, with a video evidently filmed in November somewhere in Norfolk:


Next, a pair of "uber-butch" queens, Patrick Cowley...


...and and Paul Parker:


And, finally, winning the award for possibly the worst mime by "badly made up trannies" ever, here's the superb Flirts!


Whew...

2 comments:

  1. I don't know disco as well as you. I thought the flirts were repeatedly whispering “bat shit.” As for Paul Parker, that's a boring song. But I could watch him sing it a few more times (with the sound off).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lordy, Mitch - you've taken a time machine back fifteen years! Diction wasn't The Flirts's greatest talent, but their song is a classic, if a bit "bat-shit".

      I agree on both counts where Mr Parker is concerned; his trousers were far more talented than he was, but his look as much as his music made him a club fave in the "Clone" era. Surprisingly, given the perils that went along with all that in the 80s, he's still with us (unlike Patrick Cowley). Jx

      Delete

Please leave a message - I value your comments!

[NB Bear with me if there is a delay - thanks to spammers I might need to approve comments]