Sunday 11 April 2010

Uma bela voz



On first hearing Boy George's new single Amazing Grace, my very first thought was "who's that girl singer"? So I decided to investigate...

The very lovely Ana Lains is a sensation in her native Portugal. With her crystal-clear vocals she has mastered that most traditional of musical styles Fado with a style and grace all her own. She has won many awards for her music, and celebrates ten years in the recording industry with a new album Quatro Caminhos, released this year and available on Amazon.

Here is Miss Lains with the first (eponymous) single from that album, an exquisite number...


Here she is singing her lovely tango-tinged mega-hit Pouco Tempo:


And here is the lovely lady providing magnificent vocals for Boy George on that single...


http://www.myspace.com/analains

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a message - I value your comments!

[NB Bear with me if there is a delay - thanks to spammers I might need to approve comments]