Sunday 2 May 2010

I move like a cat, charge like a ram. Sting like a bee, babe I wanna be your man!

I have had a bugger of a day today battling with a hijack virus that apart from giving me pop-up pages every thirty seconds seems to think that my homepage is not good enough (it's the BBC) and should be substituted with something else, and that Google is not good enough as a search engine so keeps flashing up AskJeeves pages... It still hasn't gone, but the number of virus checks and anti-spyware runs I have had to do means I have hardly had a chance to do what I like best - web surfing and posting blogs - before the damn Trojan pops up again and I have to log off.



Anyhow, I had a fabulous evening yesterday in the company of our fave drag icon Trindy (whose 50th birthday it is tomorrow), and her outrageous "Bowie Night"! It all started well, with the "lady" herself arriving on stage resplendent in black feather headdress to perform the classic Diamond Dogs.

Then all of a sudden, the crowd of middle-European lesbians who had been drinking at Halfway all day decided to take their tops off and parade around the downstairs bar, tits-a-bobble! Trindy loved it - shrieking from the stage "Oh fuck! It's the Isle Of Wight Festival, 1970!", before launching into numbers from my favourite Bowie albums Hunky Dory and Ziggy Stardust.

The show was a stunning success - with straights and gays, Queen Bitches and lesbians alike all up bopping away in a genuine nostalgia trip! So much so, that once the allotted time had passed Trindy (never one to miss a beat!) performed encores of Marc Bolan/T Rex numbers.

We moved upstairs after the final cheers, to meet up with Tony, Ginger Dave and others (who we had seen earlier on their way to see Dirty White Boy and had returned raving about the show), when all of a sudden more familiar Glam Rock strains emerged from downstairs! Drunk on her success, Trindy had decided to carry on the party atmosphere - so down we went for a fabulous set of songs by Suzi Quattro, Glitter Band, Slade, Sweet and even Mud! A great night!

This was the definitive star turn of the evening, and should definitely be Trindy's signature tune (along with Radiohead's Creep that she performs as part of her more general show) - laydeez'n'gentlemen, Mr Marc Bolan...


Fabulous.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a message - I value your comments!

[NB Bear with me if there is a delay - thanks to spammers I might need to approve comments]