Monday 19 July 2010

I tell myself don't be a chump



Many happy returns today to that magnificent bundle of Mexican vivaciousness - Miss Vikki Carr!

A great favourite here at Dolores Delargo Towers, the four-times Grammy-winning Señorita Carr has had a long and fabulous career as a prime exponent of powerful torch songs and Hispanic classics, and at the age of 69 she is still performing today!

Here she is in her glittering TV special Memorias, Memorias, the soundtrack of which is a much revisited part of our bizarre audio collection,(with guest Arturo Sandoval):


And here is one of the campest-of-camp songs ever, Miss Carr's signature tune, and a song we do all the gestures to - every time!:


Vikki Carr website

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a message - I value your comments!

[NB Bear with me if there is a delay - thanks to spammers I might need to approve comments]