Tuesday 16 August 2011

Porcine Princess?



From WhatsOnStage.com:
When Cameron Mackintosh brought Betty Blue Eyes to the West End - his first original musical in over a decade, a Stiles and Drewe-scored musical adaptation of A Private Function - it was clear that the titular sow was going to be no ordinary pig.

Currently starring in the musical at London's Novello Theatre and appearing nightly alongside Sarah Lancashire, Reece Shearsmith, Adrian Scarborough and Ann Emery, is a specially created animatronic pig, which reportedly cost over £100,000 to create, voiced by none other than Kylie Minogue.

The Australian pop singer, songwriter and actress was backstage at the Novello last week to meet members of the cast and the West End star who's hogging the limelight.
Read my blog about Betty Blue Eyes from March this year

2 comments:

  1. Loved this show - would happily see it again but Grumpy has been working away for the last month ...

    ReplyDelete
  2. As in my review blog, I thought it one of the best new musicals I have seen in years! I'd love to go again, too, but then again "Priscilla" is closing by the end of the year, and there's the autumn season to think of as well... Jx

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a message - I value your comments!

[NB Bear with me if there is a delay - thanks to spammers I might need to approve comments]