Thursday 25 August 2011

Romantic Twigs?



From her website:
British icon Twiggy will release her first album in 12 years on 21st November. Next to modelling, music is Twiggy’s other most successful career and a major passion, having scored hits in the early 70s and won awards for her stage performances.

Romantically Yours is a hand-picked collection of all-new interpretations of pop and easy listening standards spanning several generations, each one of them a personal favourite of Twiggy’s, including amongst others Gershwin and Rodgers & Hart, Neil Young, Bryan Adams, Ray Davies and Richard Marx.

For Romantically Yours Twiggy has chosen to leaf through the pages of the great American songbook and record versions of such timeless compositions as Bewitched, Bothered and Bewildered, Blue Moon, My Funny Valentine, Someone To Watch Over Me and They Can’t Take That Away From Me. From there she realised how much the album should reflect her love of more recent songs, including Janis Ian’s achingly poignant ode to the agonies of teenage insecurity, At 17; Chip Taylor’s pop perennial, Angel Of The Morning, and Bryan Adams’ 1985 ballad Heaven (having become friends with the Canadian rock star via his other line of work, when he photographed her for a book in aid of a breast cancer charity).

The album also includes a guest vocal appearance by Twiggy’s daughter Carly Lawson on Neil Young’s Only Love Can Break Your Heart, a guitar solo by Bryan Adams, and a version of Richard Marx’s Right Here Waiting featuring duet vocals with the American songwriter himself.

“Music’s so much a part of my life and my career,” Twiggy says. “There was a time when I thought that was what I would do, but these people who say they plan their career, how? I don’t think you can. Things present themselves to you, whether it be acting, singing, modelling, whatever you do. But I love my life, because I do so many different things.”
Interesting...


Romantically Yours on Amazon

3 comments:

Please leave a message - I value your comments!

[NB Bear with me if there is a delay - thanks to spammers I might need to approve comments]