Tuesday 15 November 2011

Du har gått i mitt blod



Many happy returns today to two of "our kind of ladies" - Miss Petula Clark (79) and Miss Anni-Frid ("Frida") Lyngstad (66), of Abba fame.

On searching for perhaps a duet, or even a meeting, between the two chanteuses I inevitably drew a blank. However, there is a musical connection!

Both ladies (separately) recorded a version of the Little Anthony & the Imperials standard Goin' Out of My Head, Frida's in her native Swedish. So, let us compare and contrast...



Frida on Wikipedia

Pet's website

3 comments:

  1. Bless you for blogging. Happy birthday Frida (and Pet).

    Here's one of my favourite Frida tracks from her 1975 album 'Frida Ensam' (Frida Alone). http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tPxxHysht54

    ReplyDelete
  2. "A Life in the Sun" indeed... Jx

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a message - I value your comments!

[NB Bear with me if there is a delay - thanks to spammers I might need to approve comments]