Sunday 25 March 2012

Nuova musica



Once again, it is time for a visit to some of the choons that have pricked my attention of late...

Let's open the selection with the electro-tastic, feather-clad (and preposterously-named) Totally Enormous Extinct Dinosaurs (aka the equally-weirdly-named Orlando Higginbottom) with his new single Tapes & Money, released on 2nd April 2012. It's amazingly catchy!


The ebullient Beth Ditto and The Gossip are set to return with their forthcoming album A Joyful Noise, produced by Kylie collaborators Xenomania and due out in May. From it, here is the (slightly "rocky" for my tastes) new single Perfect World:


Next, a fabulous slice of pure 80s-infused electro genius from I Am A Camera and their Warhol-inspired Factory Boys:


Ever-intriguing (I for one never quite know what to make of her), the artiste known as Santigold has released a remarkable video for her forthcoming single Disparate Youth. I love it!




Totty time! Courtesy once again of the lovely Henry over at Barbarella's Galaxy, the new single Nackt (naked) by the hunky London-born German gayer Jay Khan is rather good, but not as fab as its video!


However, this week there is only one song that could possibly be the "star of the show"! For, on the eve of the launch of Our Glorious Leader's much anticipated album MDNA (which you can listen to courtesy of The Sun), Madonna has really gone for gold with the wonderful video for the next single Girl Gone Wild.

Featuring none other than our house favourite bendy boy-band Kazaky (who I have featured previously here, here and here), it's the Queen of Pop herself, back on top form:


Enjoy!

4 comments:

  1. I'm really loving the new mix of Girl Gone Wild and the video is like a homage to herself.

    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Madonna video is of course amazing (she sums it up in the very first line!). My queen is once again back with a bang (and some bendy boys and controversy - aaah, all is right in the world)! Have you heard the album yet? I have been extremely busy this week, and still waiting for my Amazon order to arrive so I havent heard it yet - really looking forward to it, obviously!

    The I Am A Camera song is awesome, and new to me - thanks! And of course I love "Nackt", which sounds an awful lot like "Wonderful Life" by Hurts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have listened to MDNA, but not in its entirety (beginning to end of every track), and like you I don't have my copy yet - but what I have heard is bloody fabulous! Glad you liked some of the rest of my selection, too... Jx

      Delete

Please leave a message - I value your comments!

[NB Bear with me if there is a delay - thanks to spammers I might need to approve comments]