Sunday 22 April 2012

You put the boom boom into my heart



Oh my heavens! Shirlie Holliman (of Wham! and Pepsi and Shirlie fame) celebrated her 50th birthday last week...

To mark this terrifying fact, here are the girls together on their biggest hit Heartache:


Facts about Shirlie:
  • Since 1988 she has been married to Spandau Ballet's Martin Kemp [lucky bitch!].
  • Pepsi and Shirlie provided backing vocals on Geri Halliwell's Number 1 hit Bag It Up.
  • Before Pepsi, Shirlie's partner in the Wham! backing vocal section was Dee C. Lee, who went on to marry Paul Weller and have a solo singing career.
Pepsi and Shirlie are stepping back into the musical spotlight as part of the Stock, Aitken and Waterman Hit Factory Live concert in Hyde Park on 11th July 2012.

I hope they don't creak.

2 comments:

  1. Somehow, Pepsi & Shirlie are one of these acts who I have always been familiar with, yet not really familiar with any of their actual stuff (excluding Wham! of course).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Funny enough, me neither - even though Heartache made No 2 in the chart in 1987, it must have left a miniscule impression on me... Jx

      Delete

Please leave a message - I value your comments!

[NB Bear with me if there is a delay - thanks to spammers I might need to approve comments]