Wednesday 2 May 2012

A great bitch



"I adore clothes, I adore drinking. I just don't have the time..."

Cheers!!! It's many happy returns to one of our favourite comedic character actresses Miss Christine Baranski - star of stage, Cybill and several of our beloved movies [as well as (erm) Mamma Mia] - who celebrates her 60th birthday today!

I have of course offered birthday salutations to Miss Baranski before. However, here at Dolores Delargo Towers we really cannot get enough of this magnificent lady. So here is another fitting tribute...


Facts about Christine Baranski:
  • She apparently doesn't allow her children to watch television because she thinks there's too much sex and violence.
  • The surname Baranski derives from the Polish city of Baranow, located on the Vistula River near Cracow in the region known as Malopolska ("Little Poland").
  • Her Broadway debut was in 1980's Hide and Seek, which closed after only five previews and eight performances.
  • She has no concerns about typecasting. Of "Maryann" (her famous part in Cybill) she says: "I’d much rather be famous for being a fabulous bitch than being, 'Oh gosh, she’s such a nice mom. She does that nice wife really well.' I’d rather it be, 'Wow, she’s really a great bitch!'"
And she certainly is a great bitch!


Christine Baranski on IMDB

9 comments:

  1. We've come a long way since June Cleaver.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A "June Cleaver" sounds like something one might use for a sacrifice for Midsummer's Day... Jx

      Delete
  2. She always brings the goods!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I adore that woman! She was beyond hilarious in Cybill, not to mention in The Grinch! Even the fact that she appeared in the god awful Mamma Mia (probably the worst film I have ever seen in my life!) wont stop me from hailing her as one of the true queens of comedy! A very happy 60th - cheers darling!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Maryann: "How about me, how do I look?"
    Cybill: "You look, uh, toxic."
    Maryann: "Score!"

    Jx

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a message - I value your comments!

[NB Bear with me if there is a delay - thanks to spammers I might need to approve comments]