Wednesday 18 July 2012

Three little words



Let us enter the time tunnel again...

In the Top Ten of the chart of twenty years ago this week, several choons beloved of the pill-popping rave brigade were experiencing great success - who remembers Sesame's Treet by Smart E's or A Trip To Trumpton by Urban Hype these days, however?

Of the rave faves, one particular band went on to rule this particular genre, for a couple of years at least - The Shamen! And here's their hit of the Summer of '92 (an immediate predecessor to the monster Ebenezer Goode), it's L.S.I (Love, Sex, Intelligence):


Three fine aspirations in life, methinks...

Shamen web page

2 comments:

  1. Much prefer the earlier incarnation of The Shamen. I LOVED the album 'Drop' - played it to death until the cassette broke! Didn't like them when the got the white rapper.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7dErojXOAl4

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't suppose it was his fault the mastermind of the original band drowned... Jx

      Delete

Please leave a message - I value your comments!

[NB Bear with me if there is a delay - thanks to spammers I might need to approve comments]