Tuesday 17 July 2012

We gotta have fun - it's all that we do


Hyde Park on Saturday

"Our Glorious Leader" Madonna arrives at Hyde Park tonight for the first of her three UK appearances on the MDNA tour. We keep our fingers crossed that the rain holds off (for the first time in weeks, none is predicted today).

Right on time, the video for her next single Turn Up The Radio has been released - and it is a gorgeous evocation of a lovely summer (in Italy, admittedly). And who wouldn't want to cruise the glorious countryside with Madge, picking up random hunks?

I would...


When the world starts to get you down
And nothing seems to go your way
And the noise of the maddening crowd
Makes you feel like you're going to go insane

There's a glow of a distant light
Calling you to come outside
To feel the wind on your face and your skin
And it's here I begin my story

Turn up the radio
Turn up the radio
Don't ask me where I wanna go
We gotta turn up the radio

It was time that I opened my eyes
I'm leaving the past behind
Nothing's ever what it seems
Including this time and this crazy scene

I'm stuck like a moth to a flame
I'm so tired of playing this game
I don't know how I got to this state
Let me out of my cage cause I'm dying

Turn up the radio
Turn up the radio
Don't ask me where I wanna go
We gotta turn up the radio

Turn up the radio
Turn up the radio
Don't ask me where I wanna go
We gotta turn up the radio

I just wanna get in my car
I wanna go fast and I gotta go far
Don't ask me to explain how I feel
'Cause I don't want to say where I'm going

Turn down the noise and turn up the volume
Don't have a choice cause the temperature's pounding
Leaving this place is the last thing I do
That I want to escape with a person just like you

I'm so sick and tired of playing this game
We gotta have fun - it's all that we do
Gotta shake up the system and break all the rules
Gotta turn up the radio until the speakers blow

Turn up the radio
Turn up the radio
Don't ask me where I wanna go
We gotta turn up the radio


Madonna website

[PS thanks Henry, Kevin and Mike, who all premiered this on their blogs yesterday evening.]

[PPS Nobody mention Marine Le Pen, OK?]

4 comments:

  1. Live Nation sent an e-mail yesterday to Madonna ticket holders, advising them to wear sensible shoes to Hyde Park instead of heels and open toed shoes. Thank god I am not going, I would just never go to a Madonna concert in "sensible" shoes ;)

    (Still gutted though - must listen to MDNA now!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Judging by how warm and - so far - dry it is today, I have every confidence it will be a success. But you are right - sensible shoes?! At a Madonna concert?! Jx

      Delete
  2. The concert was great, only one real shower during Express Yourself/Born This Way but the ground was fairly dry (wood chip).

    So a great show but Hyde Park isn't the best venue - the sight lines were poor and the sound was dodgy in places although we got there early enough to find a spot where the sound was clear, I had no signal on my phone.

    I think it will make a great DVD - see all the bits I missed live

    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It could have been so much worse - imagine if it was the kind of weather we had over the last couple of weeks! The sound would have been the least of your worries. Jx

      Delete

Please leave a message - I value your comments!

[NB Bear with me if there is a delay - thanks to spammers I might need to approve comments]