Monday 22 October 2012

My Life's Song



It's another Monday. It was a busy weekend and am not yet properly rested. We have lost 60 hours of recorded telly programmes including the whole third series of Downton Abbey - which we were saving up to watch in one go - various choice moments from the Proms, history series, music and drama, thanks to the Virgin Media people. I could scream.

Ho hum.

Never mind, on this Tacky Music Monday (and to mark what would have been the Cuban diva extraordinaire's 87th birthday yesterday) here is the one, the only “Gran Señora” Celia Cruz to cheer us up as only she can - Mi Vida Es Cantar, indeed:


Azucar!

Celia Cruz

2 comments:

  1. A dear friend told me Miss Cruz packed coke under her nails to snort during her shows and that's what resulted in her frequent squeals onstage.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Makes you wonder what was hidden in that wig! Jx

      Delete

Please leave a message - I value your comments!

[NB Bear with me if there is a delay - thanks to spammers I might need to approve comments]