Thursday 29 November 2012

Peculiar as can be



Lenny Kravitz is apparently going to play the late, troubled, Marvin Gaye in a new movie about the singer's decline and dramatic death.

Mr K is good-looking and black. That much is true.

However, to my mind his voice is most suited to that style of music called "rock". Mr Gaye's voice simply oozed cool, sexy, soulful smoothness. Will this clash of styles be simply too much, I wonder?

Compare and contrast...



More on this story from Rolling Stone

4 comments:

  1. I didn't like the news when I heard them - but hey, Miss Ross was a wonderful Billie Holiday so maybe this will turn out good...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. But then there's Beyonce Knowles as Etta James - abysmal... Jx

      Delete
  2. WTF? Are you kidding me?

    Next we will have Britney as Dolly, perhaps?

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a message - I value your comments!

[NB Bear with me if there is a delay - thanks to spammers I might need to approve comments]