Saturday 29 December 2012

Dame Kate and Totty of the Day!



Arise, Dame Kate! - well not quite, it's Kate Bush, Commander of the Most Excellent Order of the British Empire (CBE), but it is a long-awaited honour for one of the UK's most successful female artists in history...

To celebrate, here is not merely my fave Kate Bush song, but my favourite pop song ever - Running Up That Hill:


Among a hefty list of New Year Honours announced today are (of course) Olympians - among whom are Sirs Bradley Wiggins and Ben Ainslie, fellow CBEs Jessica Ennis and Mo Farah, Ellie Simmonds and Andy Murray OBE - but not the maestro of the opening ceremony Danny Boyle (who apparently turned down the offer of a gong); Sir Quentin Blake (illustrator), Arlene Phillips (choreographer) and Tracey-fucking-Emin CBE, and Stella McCartney OBE...

...and über-totty (and dream houseboy here at Dolores Delargo Towers) Ewan McGregor OBE!











New Year Honours in full

5 comments:

  1. ewan is a doll.
    will he look like this guy when he grows old?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I rather think he has similarities to Mr Andrews... Jx

      Delete
    2. interesting...what we both see.

      Delete
    3. "I see totty and there's no one there
      I smell blossoms and the trees are bare
      All day long I seem to walk on air
      I wonder why
      I wonder why
      I keep tossing in my sleep at night
      And what's more, I lost my appetite..."


      Jx

      Delete

Please leave a message - I value your comments!

[NB Bear with me if there is a delay - thanks to spammers I might need to approve comments]