Thursday 9 May 2013

I know you'll always be the only boy who wanted me the way that I am



"For me there is no opposite sex. For me there is only identity and desire."

It's another "fabulous at 50" celebration today (Thursday 9th May) - the sublime Mx Justin Vivian Bond!

A multi-talented persona - writer, singer, painter, and performance artist - Mx Bond was also the creator of Kiki DuRane, an ageing, alcoholic, female lounge singer and one half of the fantabulosa Kiki and Herb (who we went to see at the Southbank Centre back in 2005). Here's their tribute to this year's Eurovision hopeful, Bonnie Tyler. A unique rendition of Total Eclipse of the Heart...


Mx Bond prefers to be referred to by the prefix "Mx", the pronoun "v" (as opposed to "he" or "she" or variants thereof), and describes v's gender as trans. For a full explanation visit the Justin Vivian Bond website.

Many happy returns to a true diva, by whatever description!

2 comments:

  1. Love Kiki -Dendrophile was a great album, I was disappointed that v's second solo album was only available inside the US as a CD, download only in the UK

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I never got the Kiki and Herb album, but love V from what we have heard... Jx

      Delete

Please leave a message - I value your comments!

[NB Bear with me if there is a delay - thanks to spammers I might need to approve comments]