Wednesday 15 May 2013

Immortal Eno





"A part of me has become immortal, out of my control."

One of the most influential musicians of our time, Mr Brian Peter George St. John le Baptiste de la Salle Eno celebrates his 65th birthday today.

Acknowledged for his inspiration on myriad diverse artists including Bowie, Talking Heads, Devo, Public Image Ltd, U2, Aphex Twin, John Foxx, Chrissie Hynde and the Pretenders, LCD Soundsystem, David Sylvian, MGMT, William Orbit and even Coldplay, his work has incorporated world music, ambient and electronic experimentation and embryonic forms of hip-hop.

In short, a genius. Here he is in a rare solo appearance not long after he left Roxy Music - Seven Deadly Finns:


Happy birthday, Mr Eno!

Paul Morley interviews Brian Eno

My previous blog about Mr Eno

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a message - I value your comments!

[NB Bear with me if there is a delay - thanks to spammers I might need to approve comments]