Friday 31 May 2013

The new Barbra 'n' Donna?



Among the meanderings in this non-story in The Guardian about Nile Rodgers and the so-called "Summer of Disco", I discovered a gem from the very lovely Jake Shears.



Apparently he "has just recorded a duet with Cher that he compares to an updated version of 'No More Tears (Enough Is Enough)' by Barbra Streisand and Donna Summer"!

Now that would make my summer!

Here's another mightily camp version of the Barbra 'n' Donna classic to tide us over while we wait...


Cher official website

2 comments:

  1. I love this song (you even took it from my YouTube channel) ;)

    I am SO going to party this weekend! Have a great one sweetie!!!

    PS: Jake and Cher - hmmm, can't say I care for Jake much. But Cher doing a "No More Tears" type of track = instant heaven!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Small world isn't it? I didn't know you had a "nom-de-plume" of djessie... Enjoy the party weekend!

      Jx

      PS I love Jake, and love Cher - the two together is a camp queen's wet dream!

      Delete

Please leave a message - I value your comments!

[NB Bear with me if there is a delay - thanks to spammers I might need to approve comments]