Saturday 17 August 2013

Your groove I do deeply dig







Heavens.

In the stress of adapting back to the world of work and all that goes with it after Amsterdam, I neglected another "fabulous at fifty" birthday on Thursday...

Many (belated) happy returns to a true example of a "triumph of art over nature" - it's Lady Miss Kier!


The chills that you
Spill up my back
Keep me filled with
Satisfaction when we're done
Satisfaction of what's to come

I couldn't ask for another
No I couldn't ask for another

Your groove I do deeply dig
No walls only the bridge
My supperdish, my succotash wish

I couldn't ask for another
No I couldn't ask for another

Groove is in the heart
Ah-ah-ah-ah
Groove is in the heart
Ah-ah-ah-ah
Groove is in the heart

The depth of who to groove
moves me too, I'm seein' who
we're going through too, hard nasty, who woo

I couldn't ask for another
No I couldn't ask for another

DJ Soles, it's time to roll
I've been told, he can't be sold
he's not vicious or malicious
just lovely and delicious

I couldn't ask for another


Lady Miss Kier

4 comments:

  1. Oh, I do love her. A late happy birthday from me as well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She's not vicious or malicious, just lovely and delicious! Jx

      Delete
  2. I'm guessing Lady Miss Kier isn't her real name - but that does make me feel OLD xox

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Indeed, in Ohio she was known as Kierin Magenta Kirby... The song made its UK debut twenty-three years ago tomorrow, so it's understandable we feel a bit old. Then again, someone born in 1995 can legally serve you in a pub - now, that's scary! Jx

      Delete

Please leave a message - I value your comments!

[NB Bear with me if there is a delay - thanks to spammers I might need to approve comments]