Friday 31 January 2014

Medallion hijack



I am on my first day of leave today, getting ready to go to Essex - one of the friends we are going to Spain with, Baby Steve and his other half (who is a teacher so can't join us, boo hoo) live conveniently close to Stansted Airport, and it is from there we fly.

However, I couldn't just up and leave without adhering to a long-standing tradition every weekend here at Dolores Delargo Towers... So, without further ado, let's hear from Spain's finest funky disco band Barrabás and their hit Hi Jack to steer us towards our holiday tomorrow.

This clip has everything - bad hair, beards and sideburns, satin shirts and medallions, flared trousers in infeasibly awful pastel tones, freaked-out dancers dressed in nylon salad-vegetable-coloured outfits. It's perfect - Thank Disco It's Friday!


Have a good weekend folks, shivering in the storms.

Barrabás on Wikipedia

3 comments:

  1. I shall be summering in Essexshire this season.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm tempted to make a TOWIE joke, but I won't, because that wouldn't be funny.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Having just returned from our week in Spain, I can confirm that a sizeable proportion of the residents of Essex are actually there. But a bit sweatier. Jx

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a message - I value your comments!

[NB Bear with me if there is a delay - thanks to spammers I might need to approve comments]