Tuesday 26 April 2016

Change the channel


A new album by Beyonce is extremely empowering for women, according to boyfriends and husbands who would rather have the telly on.

Lemonade, released yesterday, has already inspired millions of women to take back control of the stereo from the patriarchy while ordering it to go and get another bottle of Prosecco.

Nathan Muir, from Ludlow, said: “Beyonce’s third-wave sex-positive feminism is making real changes in the world, notably my chance of watching 'The Island with Bear Grylls'.

“Women, by which I mean my girlfriend and her sister, are really engaged with the issues the album raises and have spent roughly six hours since Sunday discussing them on the phone.

“It’s also a visual album with a video for each track, which stops me playing 'Call of Duty' on the laptop.

“I can’t wait to be sent to queue for the drinks when we go to see her on tour.”
The Daily Mash

Of course.

And, no, I'm not going to listen to or watch it, either.

PS There are some insane Beyonce fans out there - read this...

2 comments:

Please leave a message - I value your comments!

[NB Bear with me if there is a delay - thanks to spammers I might need to approve comments]