Monday 13 June 2016

It's better than being a party-poop



Mr Cy Coleman, whose 87th birthday it would have been tomorrow, wrote a whole raft of our favourites from the Great American Songbook - not only those in one of my fave musicals Sweet Charity, such as Big Spender, If My Friends Could See Me Now and There's Gotta Be Something Better Than This, but also such standards as The Best is Yet to Come, Nobody Does It Like Me, It's Not Where You Start (It's Where You Finish), You Fascinate Me So, Hey, Look Me Over and Witchcraft.

But on this Tacky Music Monday it's an interesting version of one of his "novelty songs" (more familiar in its rendition by Miss Peggy Lee, of course) to which we turn to cheer us up as we stagger back to the office...


Cy Coleman (born Seymour Kaufman, 14th June 1929 – 18th November 2004)

Read my tribute to Mr Coleman on his 80th.

Have a good week...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a message - I value your comments!

[NB Bear with me if there is a delay - thanks to spammers I might need to approve comments]