Tuesday 10 October 2017

Party, party, party


Getting ready for a night out is infinitely more fun than going out, scientists have confirmed.

Research from the Institute of Studies found that choosing what to wear while listening to music and drinking booze is a lot more fun than a cramped bar with music so loud you cannot speak to the person next to you.

Night out-goer Emma Bradford said: “I love going out.

“And by that I mean the time between half six and half nine when me and my friends are drinking vodka, listening to our favourite songs, doing our hair and being able to catch up on what’s being going on in each others lives.

“The bit where we’re queueing up for the club in the pissing rain, before waiting half an hour to get served and then have to pay a fiver for a bottle of room temperature lager is the bit where it’s not as fun.

“But how else are we going to get pictures of us looking like we’re having a good time?”


However Tom Booker said: “I have a shave, get dressed, neck a bottle of Brandy and fall asleep on the couch.

“Then I wake up in the morning £100 better off with pretty much the same hangover. Win, win.”
The Daily Mash

Of course.

Here's something apposite, methinks:

4 comments:

  1. Oh, I quite agree! The anticipation of the night out was always more fun.

    Except for those times when one "got off" with someone!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. "Getting off with someone" was the ONLY reason to go "to the club" when we were young, surely? Otherwise life would all have been an imitation of that famous "pyjama party" scene in Grease. Jx

      Delete
  2. I have to agree too. The getting ready part was always a big fun part and filled with rituals. And when I went out in drag....it was more like holiday rituals then!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. In the 80s, the bars I went to were definitely not the type you dressed up for, so "getting ready to go" consisted of walking out the door. I don't drink, so I always just went to get a couple of blowjobs and then come home. It was a lovely time.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a message - I value your comments!

[NB Bear with me if there is a delay - thanks to spammers I might need to approve comments]