Sunday 15 July 2012

De nouvelles chansons



Time for another selection of recent choons that have entered my consciousness lately...

Let's open the shebang with a healthy slice of kitsch, courtesy of X-Factor finalists 2 Shoes with their campy take on the Kathy Brown house classic Turn Me On (Turn Me Out). Hilarious! A rather good video too:


In complete contrast, here's an ultra-cool new song by London duo Avec Sans. It's called Heartbreak Hi, and I love it:


If we ever get a summer here in the UK, I reckon this track - from an old favourite Melody Gardot - would be a contender for "summer anthem". From her current album The Absence, here's the joyful Mira:


Only last week I wished Miss Róisín Murphy a very happy birthday - and now here is her latest collaboration with DJ David Morales, Golden Era - fab video, fab song!


As we are still heading for clubland, we celebrate the return of Libya's finest export and former Iio vocalist, the lovely Nadia Ali (partnered with EDX) with the stomping This Is Your Life:


Presenting a "look" reminiscent of Klaus Nomi or perhaps Jobriath, here's the Canadian artist known as Diamond Rings with his rather wonderful new single I'm Just Me:


And finally, saving the very best to last - it's the new single from house favourite here at Dolores Delargo Towers, the fantabulosa Ysa Ferrer! Once again aiming squarely at her core camp gay audience with an outrageous video - here's Pom Pom Girl... J'adore Ysa Ferrer!


Enjoy, folks!

12 comments:

  1. Some fun songs here - as you already know, I like 2 Shoes and I adore the Morales/Murphy track. I watched the video for the Ysa Ferrer song this weekend, great fun! And I just might like the track by Diamond Rings as well, need to give some spins...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just love Ysa Ferrer - shame I didn't stumble across it in time for Gay Pride... Jx

      Delete
  2. Melody Gardot's "My One and Only Thrill" is on continual rotation chez Mistress MJ.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is an utterly glorious album. I love it, too. Jx

      Delete
  3. Oh my ! A new Ysa Ferrer and personne ne m'a prévenu !!! Honestly Jon, you are one of a kind and I always turn to you when I am looking for something new and fresh and funky... even when I am in the mood for something terrible... and even steal from you from time to time which, I know, is bad.
    I am now begging for forgiveness.
    You are so suave.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Merci, cheri! You are more than welcome here in my crazy world - and please, continue to "borrow", if that is what you do. It's the nature of blogging to do that. Perhaps you would add a link on your site to my blog, and let people know I'm here? I will do the same pour vous... Jx

      Delete
  4. Oh ! You were next on my "promenade du dimanche" link anyway. Can't believe I didn't do that earlier.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have added your site to my "Bagatelles" blogroll on the right of the page... Jx

      Delete
  5. *waves to Soyons-Suave*

    Fancy meeting YOU here.

    Nous nous sommes rencontrés il y a quelques mois.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. S'entendre vous comme larrons en foire.

      Jx

      Delete
  6. Toujours un plaisir MJ. "Larrons en foire" : Jon, your medieval french is very good :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Medieval? I have no idea. I don't actually speak French. I might as well have been trying to say "I will try a small piece of that cold mutton" for all I know... Jx

      Delete

Please leave a message - I value your comments!

[NB Bear with me if there is a delay - thanks to spammers I might need to approve comments]